Tuesday, August 3, 2010

the Quetzal

When I was younger, I used to be obsessed with many, many different things*, among which was a bird called the "Quetzal". They look something like this:


But as a six year old, I was under the impression that they were more like this:


I did countless projects on the Quetzal. Many, many of my hours were dedicated to filling powerpoints with pictures of the Quetzal** and learning their native habitats so that one day I, too, could live in the rainforest and own a Quetzal. My love for the Quetzal must've been hereditary; my mother is an avid birdwatcher, something which I often poke fun of her at for ("I saw fifty-two species of birds today!", she will say, while I trade a sardonic glance with my sister).

...This story really doesn't have a funny ending. I just really liked the Quetzal. They're pretty fucking awesome looking birds... I'll show you a real picture!! Maybe I'll even make you a powerpoint later.

(I don't know what's with the scarf on the left. Just ignore it.)

Today, I: Went to a dinner party. That's really about it... OH, I also learned that all the kitchen sinks in our building will have it's water shut off pretty much indefinitely, so we'll have to wash our dishes in the bathroom and fill the water pitcher from the bathtub. Ahh, ghetto life. xD
I love: Really, the only thing that comes to my mind is pretty creepy, so I'm just not going to say it and you can all be deluded into thinking that I'm sane.
Recent google searches: "Kanye West diamond teeth", "literal total eclipse of the heart", "quetzal", "pokemon leaf green rom" (ohhh yeahhh, pokemon games and the quetzal. That's childhood right there).
On a side note: for anyone who was paying attention, I suddenly realized that BEDA would be a bad idea for many reasons. I'm not quitting because I'm lazy, though, and that's what really mattered here.

*nothing has changed...
**The same goes for the Ocelot and Pomeranians.

1 comment: